Debut of $168 Million Renovation
Hyatt Regency Chicago, the city's largest hotel, has finally unveiled its $168 million renovation that has enhanced the entire property. With a chic new lobby, re-vamped guestrooms, meeting spaces and an array of exciting new and re-concepted dining experiences, we look forward to welcoming you to a completely transformed hotel.
The three-phase project broke ground in 2010. Phase I, completed in 2010, overhauled all of the guestrooms in the West Tower of the property. Phase II, completed in 2011, renovated all of the rooms in the East Tower of the property under the careful guidance of Indidesign. Phase III, which concluded the project, completely renovated the East Tower Lobby, as well as all of the meeting/event space, and dining outlets. The restaurants and lobby were designed by Bentel & Bentel.
"We truly listened to our guests, and in turn, several aspects of this renovation were incorporated as a direct result of guest feedback,” says Patrick Donnelly, General Manager. “We are excited to provide our guests an even better experience through innovative, top-of-the line guest room accommodations featuring the latest in design and technology." The property is thrilled to introduce visitors and Chicagoans to their new look.
As the largest hotel in the city, Hyatt Regency Chicago also boasts an equally large lobby to match. A favorite “hang-out” for convention-goers, business and leisure travelers, and locals looking for a place to unwind, the chic lobby boasts restaurants, bars, an art wall, and a new modern décor perfect for the surrounding Lakeshore East community and guests to the city. High-tech features welcome your arrival including iPad check-in services, check-in pods and kiosks, as well as high-speed Internet and an array of other tech-savvy features.
Guests at Hyatt Regency Chicago can take advantage of all the downtown Chicago hotel has to offer, while indulging in the kind of pampered service guests have come to expect from Hyatt. Ideally situated near the Magnificent Mile, the AAA Four Diamond downtown Chicago luxury hotel offers unrivaled services, and impressive amenities such as spa and workout facilities, Hertz Car Rental on-site, laundry and dry cleaning services, currency exchange, dedicated concierge, high-speed Internet, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour in-room dining, airline boarding pass printing services, and various accessibility options.
Meetings and Events
Businesses, conventions, and those throwing personal events trust their most important functions to Hyatt Regency Chicago. The property boasts over 228,000 square feet of expansive newly-renovated modern venues designed to accommodate any size meeting, while still offering the personalized services of a Chicago boutique hotel. Spaces include four ballrooms, 63 meeting rooms and the 70,000 square foot Riverside Exhibition Center. Event attendees will appreciate high-tech amenities and A/V offerings to complement their meetings.
New Dining Concepts
- Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi: Diners can expect the unexpected at Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi. Stetsons delivers a non-traditional steakhouse experience in a comfortable urban setting. Flexible portions of thoughtfully sourced natural beef, sustainable seafood, and organic produce are crafted into variety of internationally inspired shareable dishes that bring a fresh new perspective to the ubiquitous steakhouse.
- American Craft Kitchen & Bar: Eat seasonal. Drink local. Regionally inspired by all corners of the country, we offer an approachable dining experience with handcrafted food and drink. This atrium restaurant is the perfect stop for any meal.
- Market Chicago: Market Chicago is the ideal stop for anything from a quick coffee to go, a bite to eat on the way to a meeting, or a snack after a day of shopping in Chicago on the Magnificent Mile. This new downtown cafe features Chicago-themed design, Starbucks Coffee, fruits, smoothies, hot breakfast items, sandwiches, and pastries.
- BIG Bar: BIG Bar is vibrant, visually stunning and cosmopolitan. A Chicago institution boasting a contemporary design and a sleek urban atmosphere, BIG Bar is the place to see and be seen. Indulge in appetizing bites and larger than life cocktails.
- DaddyO’s Pub & Game Room: Juicy burgers, local brews and wall-to-wall entertainment. Whether you’re here for the camaraderie, the ale or a game of billiards, this downtown restaurant and bar is the perfect place to enjoy a good meal or to catch the big game. Come see what DaddyO’s has in store!